Well, i woke up and my water broke this morning. Ummm, not good. I am only 32 weeks preggers and this little baby is gonna be small. I am currently sitting in my hospital room, waiting.
Waiting for what? Apparently waiting to go into labor, which most women spontaneously do within 72 hours. I had a huge steroid shot this morning and hopefully one more tomorrow morning to help this baby develop his/her lungs a bit more. I am tired. I am trying not to stress. I am anxious about N.I.C.U. which is a given at this early stage. I am missing my kiddos at home, and hoping this isn't totally stressful for them.
The doctor that did my c-section with Cooper, graciously took me back, and is very encouraging. The baby should be fully developed, but will have to have some help until he/she can eat on their own, suckle, gain weight, etc. (Hopefully this baby will be freakishly big and healthy like Cooper was) Anyhow, the pressure is on, and we don't even have names picked out yet...aye aye aye. We'll keep ya posted.
4 comments:
That's not good! I hope everything goes ok for you! I had the twins at 33 weeks on the dot and they spent 3 weeks in NICU but they were fine. Other than the preemie things that come with it. So i'm hoping the same for you. Good luck, we'll be praying for you and that little one. Keep us updated!!
WOW! That was fast! We are thinking of you guys and the new little baby. Lucky this didn't happen 2 days ago when you were still in Canada!
HOly Crap Kara!!! - I'm free this week...If you need me I'd could come. I'm completley serious. I can't find my cell but call me at home. 745-0542
Hope all is well. Keeping you and this babe in my thoughts.
Post a Comment