Dec 28, 2009

Moved


Well it was a whirlwind, but on December 22, we moved Anissa and Shanna into their new place. I had about decided it wasn't going to happen to before Christmas, but lo and behold....I was wrong! So as much as it was stressing me out, I managed to round up furniture, food, bedding, and even a Christmas tree for their new house in a matter of 24 hours. Their were several people who played Santa and donated all sorts of things, dressers, utinsels, towels, etc, so it really helped. AND...Sister Rose decided that she wanted to go move in with them too, so for the first time in a long time (about 17 months) it is just our little family in our house. IT IS WEIRD. In a good way though. I must say that I have had so many experiences that have really stretched me this past year...in many ways and I am so grateful for that. I have learned a lot and been consistently reminded that I have been very sheltered and blessed in my life.
We went and watched "The Blind SIde", last weekend, and wow...I felt pretty moved by the story and related to so much of it, as I now have this adopted family. There have been difficulties, frustrations, and stress, but there have also been moments of childlike joy, gratitude, and pure love that have punctuated the experience and made it worthwhile. I will never forget the looks on Anissa and SIster Rose's faces when they saw their new kitchen table, and furniture rolling in the door, or the way Anissa jumped up and down screaming when Tim told her she could have his old laptop, or the huge smiles on their faces as they looked at the presents under the Christmas tree in THEIR house...priceless moments. The best thing that I have witnessed is the transformation of Anissa in a matter of 3 weeks. SHe has hope, light in her eyes again, and an excitement for her future, it is stunning to realize how far she has come in such a short time, especially considering some of the things she has been through in her life, and I am smart enough to realize it has very little to do with me, a lot to do with her Mama, and everything to do with Christ, but I like that I get to be a fly on the wall...
I told Anissa that I would post photos of them in their new place so her family could all get on here and see where they are, and share that with them, so here they are!




1 comments:

TAMPA said...

That is just awesome... You are amazing Karebear !!