Dec 14, 2009

Blank

Have you ever had so much on your mind, that it actually kind of goes blank? That's me. Not like totally a blank slate, but blank like I have no personality because I eat, sleep, dream about my to-do list. I am not even kidding, but I thought my life was crazy busy before....uh no. I know what you're all thinking...Yes well it's christmas time, we all feel that way, and indeed that is true enough, but let me describe my past 12 days and I don't care if you want to skip all the reading and just look at some of the pictures, but this is just so someday I can look back and laugh:

12 days ago: Sister Rose came home from the hospital and the home care began. 3 physical therapy sessions a week plus 2 nurse visits.
10 days ago: Anissa and Shanna, Sister Rose's daughter and granddaughter moved here from Topeka, Kansas. I picked her up, she was in tremendous pain (hip injury), we went to the e.r., I rushed back and went and taught art in school.
9 days ago: We got our Christmas tree, but after 4 different tree lots, it was too late to get it set up, so we left it tied to the car roof
8 days ago: Went to church and early pec meeting with the tree tied to our car...yep that was us. Oh yeah, and I forgot to do my calling and ended up teaching relief society with 5 minutes to prepare...awesome.
The past 7 days:
set up and decorate the tree
MRI appointment for Anissa (about 3 hours long)
Housing appointment for Anissa (about 3 hours long)
2 other doctor appointment for Anissa (my sis in law handled these)
2 more art classes at school
2 days at health and welfare with anissa (again angie rescued us)
house hunting for Anissa and Sister Rose
Dance lessons for the girls
piano recital
piano lessons
scouts
Tatym's school christmas concert
about 30 phone calls to assist Anissa with setting up her new life here in Boise
dentist appointments for ALL the kids
presidency temple session (deep breath)
ornament exchange party
Ashlee's 30th birthday (a much needed girl's night!)
Worked on Christmas presents for Tonya and my parents so I could send them to Canada with Blake's family
a spontaneous ufc fight night party

and then just the usual:

cooking, (for 9),cleaning, laundry, kids, groceries, and bills....forget Christmas. I haven't even started that yet. Usually I have baked up a storm by now, made chocolates, bought presents by this time. So I guess that leaves me about 10 days right?

Santa...please leave me a tropical vacation under the tree, I'm gonna need it.






4 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Oh hun - I've been thinking of you the past couple of days since we talked. You are one of the most generous, good, and insane people that I know! I love you and wish I were closer so I could help. So I know with all of your extra time you've been searching the town trying to find me the perfect gift...I'll let you off the hook this year! (Lets do a girls weekend in January as Christmas gifts to each other.) Good Luck, breath...you will look back and laugh..

amysteed said...

wowzers Kara, you are one busy lady! I love the mental image of your van in the church parking lot...tree and all.

cindy W said...

I totally hear you...it's sad. you kinda feel like you should be just full of holiday spirit, and it just doesn't happen cause you're too busy!
WAH!!
ugh...
so when am I going to be included in girl's weekend??? i need one too!!

Sweetarita said...

I feel for you girl! I hate it when we have to remind ourselves to actually BREATHE.....unfortunately the pre Christmas meltdown is inevidable....my sister and I always joke "Have you had your's yet??"Hope your next few days are JOLLY!