Feb 9, 2009

25 Random Things

Okay, so I got tagged on facebook by Shannon, and then by Tam, so here it goes:

1. I detest the color purple...pretty much every shade makes me want to puke in my mouth. Funny, I used to love it, but I guess that's how purple is.

2. I love to cook. I am pretty self taught...my mom doesn't really enjoy cooking, but after a couple years of mac and cheese, pancakes, and cereal for dinner, when I was in college...I took matters into my own hands. I like variety too, and try to expose my kids to all sorts of different dishes.

3. I don't really like to shop...at all. In fact, if I could hire a personal shopper to do it for me, I would. Especially clothes. Ugg. I hate trying stuff on, I just want to pick something off the rack and get it if I need it.

4. I love black licorice and dark chocolate

5. I don't have any stretch marks from pregnancy...I guess I have really elastic skin. But I do have a few varicose veins now...ewww.

6. I have never had a cast or crutches

7. I don't have a middle name

8. I am a voracious reader...I love to read. I probably average 4 books a month, and that doesn't feel like nearly enough, but I can do it easily if I only read when I sit down to nurse Cooper. I am also a really fast reader, so that helps.

9. I don't really like to take baths...I prefer the shower.

10. I hate "diet" anything...I think artificial sweeteners are toxic, and taste gross, and I try really hard not to eat anything with more than 6 ingredients, and definitely not with ingredients I can't pronounce. More on that in the book, "In Defense of food", by Michael Pollan...good read.

11. I really like reality t.v. Biggest Loser, the Bachelor, Survivor...I record all of them on the DVR..and I LOVE my DVR... would refuse to watch t.v without it.

12. Tim and I dated, and broke up two years before we actually got engaged and got married. It is a weird story, and if you want the REAL version...ask me not Tim.

13. I am obsessive about creating family traditions with my kids. I tend to go overboard sometimes creating them, (though my friend Sally makes me look like the biggest slacker around) but I think it is all worth it when the kids talk about "what our family does", for Christmas, birthdays, etc.

14. I hate that my face (closer to 40ish) doesn't match how I feel (20ish), but I am generally opposed to cosmetic procedures, so I just don't look at myself in the mirror that much...especially up close.

15. I bite my fingernails, not obsessively or anything, but I just don't like them longish at all, and it is a habit I have had since I was 8.

16. I am working really hard at being a better listener. I tend to interrupt alot when in conversation...so rude, I hate that I do that.

17. I love breakfast...seriously. I eat a big one every day, and I love it so much. My favorite is french toast and bacon with grapefruit juice. But most times I have a bowl of oatmeal and a protein shake. If I skip breakfast I eat junk food all day long.

18. I have really stumpy and crooked pinky fingers...it is some weird genetic trait I got from my mother...thanks mom. I am definitely not a hand model.

19. I used to cry anytime I was in a fight or confrontation...no matter how small, but have toughened up considerably as an adult. I still have big tear ducts, but now it's more sentimental crying than frustrated crying.

20. When I was in college I had one of the crappiest jobs around, I worked in a potato chip factory 12 hour shifts, 7pm - 7am, I came home covered in potato chip grease and salty from head to toe. Yuck. But oddly enough I still enjoy potato chips.

21. I am not a very good swimmer.

22. I love to paint. Canvases, walls, it doesn't matter...I just love to throw some color on something and see what happens. It is immediate gratification.

23. I like to write...funny poems, stories, etc. I have a whole notebook full of stuff I have written, but I don't know what to do with it. Maybe books someday...who knows.

24. I talk on the phone with my sisters almost every day. So needless to say, I have a good international long distance plan on my phone.

25. I like to travel, but I hate to fly...it's problematic.

6 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Kara - the world is a better place with you in it...Thanks for sharing. I acually knew most of those 25 things except when did you decide you didn't like purple? WHAAAT? Luv ya

TAMPA said...

K.. love that I knew some of that.. and I didn't.. and it pisses me off you don't diet and you are still a rail :) It did back then too. And I wanna hear the Tim story :)

Sally said...

Awesome list!
#2- teach me...seriously.
#4- why are we friends...seriously!
#13-WHATEVER! Your the one who got me hooked up with the tradition teacher and got the ball rollin'
# 20- very funny

Glad we went tonight. It was fun. Did you stay for the medal ceremony?

Sally said...

oops...I meant #3 not #4...although I am not a fan of Dark choco or black licorice so I guess it applies...

Jaime said...

Kara Francis
The purple thing I am totally on board with! I am also getting there with the traditions too....
hope all is well
xo

The Shosteds said...

What you are talking about? You're the queen of traditions! And Sallys bring dang good too!! i give up!