Feb 14, 2009

Special Olympics

Boise hosted the World Winter Special Olympics this past week. Lots of people we know were involved volunteering, organizing, and hosting. We took the kids to watch the figure skating on Wednesday, and last night we had tickets to the closing ceremony. It was awesome. I was amazed by the amount of people and countries represented...over 80. Everything from Algeria, to Uzbekistan to the Isle of Man...???


The figure skating was so fun for us to watch. Most the skaters could kick my can on the ice, that's not saying much, but really it was neat to see their talent and determination. Our favorite was the guy dressed like Spiderman, and the Canadian guy who won Gold. We saw men and women of every age...up to 60 years old compete. I found myself teary eyed through many of the performances, and the medal ceremonies as well. I am a fan of joy.



1 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Kara - It looks like such a fun time...Go Canada! Tanner has been looking at the pictures with me and is obsessed with Spiderman!...why can't they wear cool outfits like that in the regular olympics?!