Oct 27, 2008

IT'S A BOY!!!






That's right...a boy. Cooper Tim Dudley was born Saturday morning at 3:38 am in a crazy emergency c-section. I woke up in the middle of the night gushing blood, (sounds familiar) and this time it was different. It was like turning on a tap...it was out of control and clearly terrifying. We jumped in the car, Tim didn't even have shoes on, and he got me to the hospital in under 10 minutes. The doctor met us there, and I immediately had 6 people prepping me for surgery. The c-section itself is kind of a blur, as I was completely in shock. All I remember is everyone's gasps at how big he was when he came out. That's right folks, 7.42 lbs...a month early. Who does that? Anyway, it was a huge relief to see my big boy all healthy and chubby. The hospital stay was short, we checked out Sunday night, as I was ready to be home. He is a joy, and the kids adore him so much. I am definitely sore, and my recovery might be a tad slower than I am used to, but he is worth it.

10 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

He's Beautiful!! What a little stud! Now you have 2 and 2 ...perfect. Tanner was 21 days early and almost 8 lbs...some ovens just cook at higher temps I guess. Way to go MOM! You survived and did an amazing job! You amaze me, as you always do! Now just relax and enjoy holding your little guy...they grow so fast soak it in! - Jenn
p.s. Cooper is one of my all time fav names for boys!!

Helen said...

Congratulations! What a surpriset to see that header on your blog.I am so glad that he is healthy and that you are as well. Way to go Cooper. Wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.
Helen

Lynnette said...

Hey guys, I am so glad you are all great! Cooper is such a cuttie. Congrats!

Jaime said...

Kara,


I HATE that I cannot be there to meet little Cooper and help you. It is crazy to read about your life on the internet. I am so overwhelmed with happiness and love for you. You and Tim continue to amaze me at the love and strength you have for each other and in each other. I will try you in a few days when you have rested or call when you feel up to it!!

My LOVE to all...He is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Congrats! we're excited for you guys that he's finally here and safe. That's good that you're all feeling good! Get better!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Kara! He's beautiful! Congratulations!

Dawna said...

He's beautiful, and what a miracle that everyone is okay! Congratulations!

Sweetarita said...

Ohhh those cheeks!!! He is just a perfect little chunk!(I mean that in the best way possible!) After all you went through That is amazing and you look pretty great considering what went on for the last 2 months or so. You are amazing! Doesn't it just make you so glad for medical technology- you have a perfect son! Congrats!

cindy W said...

Aw Kara...I've been offline and only just found out!!! I'm almost in tears he is so precious! I'm glad you are both okay...what a scary experience...especially for you girl!
Congrats...another adorable kiddo!
Take care...let me know if I can give you any c section advice...

Auna Leigh said...

Love from IF! I am so glad you are both doing great! Congrats! He's darling! Auna Leigh