After all the fun reunions, Tim flew up to Canada and joined us and we went to Waterton for 8 days. We got the cabin all to ourselves and had a great vacation. We did 3 hikes, Bear's Hump...a must, and Crandell Lake, and Bertha Falls. Piper did complain a little, but she did them all herself, and was quite proud of that when it was all said and done.
We also became a fishing family. We spent quite a few hours fishing at Crandell and Cameron Lake, and actually caught several Rainbow trout, and a few brook trout. Tim taught himself and the kids how to clean them, and cooked them up for dinner or breakfast after every catch.
Other than that, we spent a lot of time hanging out down at the lake, swimming, eating ice cream, and looking for bears. Our closest encounter was a mama with 2 cubs very near the Crandell Trail. Luckily we didn't see them until we were done and driving home...phew. We also went ghost hunting at Prince of Wales hotel one night, and were lucky enought to see Belinda (the hotel's ghost) up in the bell tower. All in all, it was glorious. Waterton, as you know if you have read my blog, is one of my favorite places on the planet,and I think my kids feel the same way. We were reluctant to leave, but also ready to be home.
Private Idaho: Garden Valley No. 949, 2024
5 days ago
9 comments:
Hey Kara welcome back to the land of the free / home of the brave! Wow you were gone for like forever. Looks like ya had a good time! Call me! - luv Jenn
Holy legs Tay- I loved the dress up pix... those were awesome! Looks like you had a blast. That is one beautiful country. So, what did the kids get for all the freezing swimming they did. Great update... I'm so glad your home!
of course I will add you! haha! although don't expect to get too much from my blog. im not very good at updating. but i'm trying to be better. your kids are getting so big! and im really jealous you got to spend 3 weeks in canada. my family needs to get it together this next summer and get up there.
Looks super FUN!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!! How long does it take to get there?
What a great trip. We will have to tag along sometime. Did you get a chance to talk to your neighbor?
so just as I am making some nice, pleasant comment on your blog you go and call me a freak...what the heck?
Actually, your right, I'm a little freakish and a little OCD what can I say. Liv's life is so boring otherwise :)
Beautiful pictures of Waterton and your family! What a great summer trip - glad you had fun.
do the kids have a blog now? Since you are never bleeping home, I am forced to communicate via your blog.... call me :)
Post a Comment