Aug 4, 2008

Family Reunions....July 2008

Okay, so I am finally home after 3 weeks in Canada. It was a great 3 weeks, and a busy 3 weeks. I got to Raymond on the 12th, stayed there for 2 days so my kids could play with their cousins who currently live in Utah. Then we zipped over to Mountain View for my Grandparents reunion. The Rell and LaRue Francis Reunion. It was fun to see my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins, that I haven't seen for a long time. We played games, had a bunko party one night, went fishing at Payne Lake, and spent one day in Waterton together. The kids all got along great, but the highlight was really the fashion show that all the kids put on. Aunt Dawn has this awesome collection of dress-up clothes, and Piper has been harassing me non-stop since this fashion show to beef up our own collection of dress up stuff. It was pretty cute I have to admit.
After the Rell and LaRue reunion, I was able to spend a few days with my sisters and parents. We took the kids down to Chin Lake, and Grandpa pulled everyone around in the tube, and the kids had a great time playing in the muddy lake. It is so awesome for our kids to build these kinds of memories together, I know they will always remember the fun they have with their cousins.
Then a couple days later we made an appearance at the Charles Dudley Reunion in Magrath. That is Tim's great-grandfather. It was a big group...nearly 300 people showed up, and I didn't really know very many of them. The kids had a blast, as the reunion was held at the new Stake Camp in Pot Hole Coulee, and it included a rudimentary, but very functional waterslide. They loved it, and wore themselves running up the hill so they could slide down over and over.


0 comments: