








Well we broke down this year and took the family to the State Fair. Really, I think next year we will take alternate routes across town so our kids don't see it when we drive past it...yeah right. We opted out of family night on Monday...103 degrees...no thanks. We went yesterday after school, and the weather was much more compliant, about 84. The thing about the fair is...I really only want to go for the food, but my kids want to go for the rides and the games, and since I am preggers, and not really into any creepy carny ride that can be set up in 3 days, I end up waddling around behind everyone with mini donut glaze on my face, asking things like : "Do you really want to go on that lamo roller coaster?", and "Do you feel sick now? Maybe we should go get some food." Or the classic, "Are you guys tired of these rides yet?" and "No way, I am not spending five bucks so you can win a 79 cent goldfish that will die in 2 hours at home!"
So by last night, my feet hurt, my back hurt, my stomach hurt...(I may have gone overboard on fair food, but when else can you eat elephant ears, corn dogs, teryaki noodles, and mini donuts all in one spot?) My purse was about $100 bucks lighter, and the kids were filthy...it was AWESOME!!! The Stones spent a few hours traipsing around with us, and they are the biggest fair-lovers I know...maybe they are rubbing off on us! All in all...great memories....for the kids.
Private Idaho: Garden Valley No. 949, 2024
5 days ago
6 comments:
Amen Sister! - The fair is such a rip off! The best part is the food and if you're not with your kids, checking out some of the serious white trash that comes out at fair time! If you are with your kids then you're just nervous for them to use the same bathroom as those folks!
If these great photos were all you got out of the fair it would be worth it - they are awesome! The teryaki noodles and mini donuts are just a bonus!
Fun times! I agree with Jenn - the fair is all about people watching! Wow!
Glad you guys had fun; we'll be going to our county fair in about a month - I just know it.
Why do they hype it up at school?
Your pics are great, pass some along to me! And... If nothin else, the Stones are good for rubbin off some good old fashion white trash on ya. Yahoo!!!
When I was looking at your fair pictures of your kids I had to take a double look, dang Mazi and Piper are twins. It's crazy. They are so CUTE!!!! It's been so fun to hang with guys lately. We have had so much fun!!! love making memories with ya all!!!!!
I found out about elephant ears about three years ago, between that and corn dogs I would go and let you roll me home! Besides if your in a partial food coma you wont notice the rides falling apart on you! Kara 4 hour time diff. just a reminder 'cause your it!
Post a Comment