Jun 19, 2008

My Husband's Thing

Okay perverts...that is not what this blog is about. It is about the fact that I married a man who can spontaneously purchase (on ebay) a volkswagon "thing", and then tell me about it as it is getting shipped to our house. Gasp. Yes, well he did that a couple summers ago, and this car is
the car he has been dreaming about for decades. Tim has this strange VW obsession/fascination. The way in which he is a freak about VW's are numerous (the tattoo), the ownership of multiple volkswagon van's through the years, and the fact that we even got engaged in a VW. The VW thing was only made for about 2 years I think, 1973-74, and they are pretty dang funny looking. Tim happened to find a guy who spent about a year of his life and THOUSANDS of dollars restoring and modifying this car, only to sell it to us, so he could pay for his wedding. How do I feel about this car? Well it is cute, and really fun to ride around in, but highly impractical, and almost TOO nice. It stresses Tim out to actually own it because he has to constantly worry about it getting scratched, or dinged, or having some of the fancy stereo equipement stolen...aargh! So I put it up for sale, I don't know if it will sell, but I am trying because right now it is just a fancy ornament in our garage. I really want somebody hip, (translation: young and no kids) to purchase this car and drive it all over the place. Let's face it: the cool factor goes way down once you throw a couple car seats in it! I guess we will see if there are other spontaneous VW freaks out there willing to fork over some bucks for the "thing."

4 comments:

cindy W said...

OH heck...I LOVE that car!!!!!!!!!! It is so cool! I have a thing for cars from the 50's. But that VW is awesome!

jenniho ♥ said...

Kara DON'T SELL THAT CAR! It's awesome - bring it over to Rigby and we'll go cruisin'! (a little harmless fun just to see if we still 'got it'!)

The Dudley Bunch said...

You're on!

The Stones said...

Good luck! As much fun as the car is, I too would have wanted to strangle my husband. Hopefully this post can act as a goodbye tribute as well.