Jul 1, 2008

Fire!


So I was laying in bed reading last night when I heard what sounded a lot like someone shooting off fireworks. Idiots! That is what I thought, but went back to my bed. Then a couple minutes later I heard a siren and Tim came bounding up the stairs and told me that there was a massive fire, right across the street! I ran out, in my pajamas, and it was a frenzy. Fire trucks were showing up all over the place, trying to hook into hydrants that could reach the foothills behind the houses, neighbors were turning on sprinklers and running with hoses to water down the hill.
Tim judiciously went back in the house and put on some pants and then went and played fire man for a couple hours. He and our neighbor Phil were dragging hoses to the house right across from us and trying to shoot water down the hill. It finally occurred to me to get my camera, so I got a couple of pictures of the fire blazing. It was pretty scary, especially for the people whose homes back up to this open space. The wind was blowing and whipped the fire around pretty good, but all firemen in the county were here I think, and they finally got it under control. Anyway...it was exciting. A channel six reporter tried to put me on the news for an interview, but I was too embarrassed...wearing my curious george pajamas, so I told him I would email the pictures I took instead, and today they
were all over the news...wow, I am practically famous.

3 comments:

cindy W said...

What did it burn? That looks terrible. Fires are not cool.
I can totally picture your curious george jammies though.

The Dudley Bunch said...

Luckily, no houses were damaged,it burned an open space hill between two rows of houses...creepy

The Stones said...

great photos! i wish i could have seen you on the news though in your pjs, that would have been awesome.