So I had a friend point out that lots of times, people only blog the great things that happen, or the highlights of their family, thus creating a standard of unrealistic perfection. I don't want to do that, so here are some of the "low lights" if you will of the last month or so.

First: Tim drove our minivan into the garage...not good. Okay, I will admit that we only have about 2 inches to spare on either side, but still...he cranked it good. Dented and ruined paint on two doors. Ya.
Second: Piper dropped a metal patio chair on her big toe. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until she cried ALL NIGHT, and the thing turned black. She probably broke the end of her toe, but there isn't a whole lot we could do, except carry her everywhere for a week. Then a week later her toenail came off...eewwww. It was gross. Josh really liked it though, and was carrying the toenail around for a few days, until it got "lost." Translation: I threw it away when he wasn't looking, because I think he might have started a really creepy collection with it.
Third: Josh was riding his long board down the hill in front of our house and he did a back flop onto the road...ouch. Luckily he had his helmet on, so we saved his noggin, but his back and butt, were black and blue. I think he was a little nervous, and a lot sore, but he got back out there yesterday and I saw him cruising down the hill again. I don't think my nerves can take it.
So those are the big things I can think of....I am sure there is a lot more I could say. I could tell you how Piper had a 45 minute raving psychopathic meltdown yesterday because she couldn't find her bouncy ball. Or how my kids have to be coerced mightily everyday into doing their chores, or how I fed the kids grilled cheese (bad mom), for dinner. But the list goes on and on...it just our life. It isn't perfect but I still wouldn't trade it for anything.
Private Idaho: Garden Valley No. 949, 2024
5 days ago
7 comments:
Hi Kara-
This is Helen Rich, I found your blog by chance, and I am so glad I did! I love to see the cute pictures of your adorable family, everyone is growing up like crazy. Hope it is all right with you that I check back from time to time. I enjoy reading your posts. You have such a relaxed and positive outlook on life, it is great. Tell Tim helloo for us.
Helen
:)
Helen,
I love being blog stalked by people I know! How are you guys doing? do you blog? You should start...sorry we missed Brian's b-day party. I didn't get the mail in time...plus I was sick as a dog.
Take care
Kara
Cool new blog Kara - I love it! I loved the post too - It's refreshing to hear that we're not the only family that has completely retarded days sometimes! Talk to ya soon! ~ J
I am soo sorry that you are so sick, and that the invite did not reach you in time. I thought i was being smart and sent it out a week and a half early, except then I got it back because i was an idiot and sent it with no zip code (I then hurried to send it, i should have just called)...so it is totally my bad. I am excited that you are expecting! That is always fun, well at least it is worth it once you are not sick any more.
We do not have a blog, but if we get one I will surely let you know! have a good weekend out there in hidden springs
Helen
You Rock!!! Thanks for keeping it REAL! It is good to know that my kids aren't the only ones that can act like FREAKS some time. The bouncy ball story totally reminds me of Wylie. Once he gets his mind on something, he's got to have it;)
i love the truth and i love you!
LOVE your new look!!! It is SO you!!!! Hey, you should have sent Piper right over to make another bouncy ball!! Or you can buy your own kit at Wally World for $4.84 and make your own. Thanks for reminding us to post even the ugly!!
Post a Comment