
Every year on the last day of school, we have a big ole whip cream fight in the backyard to celebrate the end of school and beginning of summer fun. Our first ever whip cream fight was on Tatym's last day of kindergarten, four years ago. Josh was barely four, Piper 1, and it didn't go over so well with them...wimps. Anyway, things have changed and now it is all out war! We always include our neighbor/(pretty much fourth child), Justin, and his mom comes to video and take pictures for us. The neighbors think we are nuts, but it's our thing. For any of you who are wondering if I have any tips about how to really do this, here you go:
1. Do it on a hot day...so you can hose everyone off after.
2. Remove any sharp, dangerous, or cumbersome items from the lawn so nobody gets hurt.
3. Wear swim suits, or clothes that can get kind of greasy...that stuff is a bit greasy.
4. Goggles for the little ones...you can see why.5. Spray down into your hand and throw it, or all the gas gets forced out of the can, and you get no cream!

6. Don't try to take pictures and participate...I think I ruined a camera that way.
7. Don't attempt this when you are pregnant, and therefore the slowest, clumsiest person out there...might as well draw a target on your back.

8. Try not to get it up your nose, because you will smell it for DAYS.
9. Last but not least: Have Fun!!
We really are excited to be through another year of school. The kids all did great, and Tatym was even awarded a presidential award for scoring "advanced" in all areas of the ISAT test. The kids seem to really learn fast, and Josh can read amazingly well for first grade...(Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...etc.) Crazy. I am pretty sure they will be doing math that I can't do by next year. But for now...we will be at the pool.
Here are what our whip cream fights have looked like the last few years:
Here are what our whip cream fights have looked like the last few years:
6 comments:
Now thats called good old fashioned family fun! - You get the mother of the year award from me. All that energy and pregnant to boot! I'm sorry but at what month do you start to look pregnant Kara? (for me it's conception.) Good Times - hopefully we'll see you in a few weeks, luvya - J
Jen...seriously, I do have a belly, but the throwing up all the time kind of prevents tons of weight gain the first trimester, so I am making up for that quickly now...as for mother of the year...puhlease!
This is the cutest tradition I've ever heard of! I love it! You're awesome - I might have to copy your awesomeness. As for smelling whipped cream for days...I could live with that! Have a great summer.
xoxo
I agree!!! That is a great tradition!! As I said to Erin, I will be living vicariosly through you all for the next month till we are out of school too! The Barfuss' might just have to take up your tradition too... I'm sure my kids would be all over that!...it just may have to wait till Canada Day though. Have fun at the pool.
love it! i now have something to look forward to when sadly sending riggin to kindergarten in the fall. great post! love the new stuff too. and trust me jen... kara does have a belly...when she wears a bathing suit, you just have to squint really really hard to see it ;) you look awesome kara! love you-
ash
Love the idea of a whip cream fight... gotta think about that!! see ya in a few weeks--- aka. days??? (doesn't time fly by??)
Post a Comment