It is wild kingdom around here.... between the baby bunnies living under our deck in the backyard, the stray wild kittens we were bottle feeding, and my kids....it is a zoo.

Luckily the kittens were only ours to bottle feed for 3 days, and then we adopted them out...however Mama cat (a wild one that loves to give birth at my house), showed up again 2 days ago with 2 more kittens....same litter. She is very smart and we have been unable to catch or trap her, but this is the second time she has left me kittens in about 4 months. Apparently cats are like rabbits. Which brings me to my other wildlife issue: Every few months we get a new batch of bunnies living in our backyard. Truth be told, I love them. They are so cute and they usually disappear shortly enough. We live in the foothills and not too many baby animals survive the coyotes, badgers, owls, and neighborhood dogs. So we enjoy them while they are here. The kids enjoy seeing how close they can get to the bunnies before they hop away.



So aside from the animals, the kids are keeping me busy. Tatym had her ninth birthday on April 23, and Josh had his 7th on May 18th, so we have been busy with birthdays. I haven't been feeling great, so it was nice that Grandpa and Grandma Dudley were here for Tatym's, and Grandma Francis was here for Josh's. Dairy Queen made the cakes...nothing fancy this year. But the kids had a great time and I am always amazed at how quickly the time goes.


10 comments:
K - Cool birthday hat! Your kids will always remember their Birthdays and the ridiculous hat you made them wear. Todd's Mom always made a b-day crown out of tin foil. - still does every now and then for his special day! - J
I know...isn't it fun. I will hopefully have pictures from 1-18 with that awesome hat...nothing like photo humiliation to bond a family together.
love the update kara. way to go! your kids look so old in those photos. we see you every day and yet they really are growing up way too fast. love you
ash
Kara, Holy cow Josh looks like a spitting image of your Dad in that photo. Okay it is a little wierd but I still think of Tatym as a baby with chubby cheeks. Can't wait to see you. Two weeks and counting. WTG on the throwing up!
Love ya
Jaime
Hey there... did you catch that? I logged on twice before commenting. I'm blog stocking... keep your eye on me. Call me tomorrow and teach me how.
ashlee
oh, and comment on my page. I'm dying! I want someone to leave a comment. I don't even care that you live next door. Start commenting or beware of my polls;)
ash
Hey where did get the SWEET hat? I showed the bunny to Mazi, she now wants one too!
hey, do me a favor and check out Shelby's page through tyler and karleen on my page. it's enlarged. how do you think she did that?
thanks for the pix!
Kara that hat is sooo great!! I love that idea. I will have to go out and look for some thing like that to humiliate my children!! Totally awesome! Hope you are still feeling well and I have to say I LOVE DQ!!!
Post a Comment