May 2, 2008

Ode to Waterton

I love Waterton...I can't even explain how much I love Waterton. Being there makes me happy.
Maybe it is because that is where Tim and I met, where we first kissed, (okay it was all the same day...but?), and where we spent tons of time together before we got married. We even honeymooned in Waterton. Just saying Waterton makes my brain release tremendous amounts of endorphins.

Here are my top 10 reasons I love Waterton:

1. Love...it is "our place"



2. Hello...it is gorgeous. Some of the most incredible things I have ever seen have been things I have seen in or hiking around Waterton


3. It smells good all the time, (except when Glacier was burning...but even that is better than smog)


4. Bear's Hump: Where else can you get such a great pay off for such a short, though not effortless, hike?


5. Red Rock Canyon. It is so fun on a hot day to go play in the pools there.


6. Cameron Lake, Wall Lake, and and everything in between


7. Cameron Falls


8. Grizzly Bears... okay maybe that sounds crazy, but where else can you just drive around and see a mama bear with 2 cubs?


9. Marquis Hole...if you don't know where it is, I'm not telling


10. Tiger ice cream from the Big Scoop...and here I must digress and express my complete and utter disappointment with the change in recipe of all the tiger ice cream in Canada. As you know we can't get it here, and it was a serious highlight of my summer...and now the ice cream makers have changed it and it is not so tasty. Oh the horror...but there is always maple walnut....

6 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Kara - I'm glad you mentioned the smell of Waterton! We went there last summer and as soon as I got out of the car and took in a breath...it was sooo invigorating! It like a shot of B12 right in your vein! I love Waterton for most of the same reasons you do, (except tiger ice cream- Blech!) It's full of memories with Todd and especially full of nostalgia - my family used to go there all the time even just for a sunday after noon. Okay I better stop before I break out in song....memories, light the....

Sweetarita said...

Waterton will forever be the BEST place ever!! I loved your Ode and all the pics to go with it!! and you are right about the Tiger icecream!! It's just not the same anymore-they must have taken the trans fats out like they did with OREOS!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Waterton is so much fun! We try to go every time we're in "Oh Canada" Our kids love it there; we got engaged there; and I lived there for a whole summer in highschool! Great place filled with great memories!

aubri said...

very cute!!!!!!!!
aubs

Jaime said...

Kara,
I think you left out one magical story about waterton. The time you and Tim tried to drive home with Tiger ice cream starpped to the roof of your car. Needless to say it didn't quite make it.Tiger ice cream ...bad...caramellow and other canadian candy...good, which you can buy in waterton as well!! Add that to your list!! miss you

The Dudley Bunch said...

In our defense, it was December and -30 when we left Alberta. But yeah the ice cream made it until Idaho and then it kinda got melted. It was a good effort though.