Apr 28, 2008

Excuses, Excuses...

Okay, so Jen keeps harassing me about updating my blog, and I really want to, and I am trying...but I have a couple things working against me here. I know you all aren't interested in my excuses, but I think they are pretty good ones, so here it goes:


1. How on earth do you get all the photos and posts and everything to look so good? I am asking all you bloggers out there, because mine never really works out how I want it too. So in other words...I am an easily frustrated perfectionist who doesn't want to blog until I know how to do it so it actually looks impressive. (too much pride...I know)


2. Anytime I sit down at the computer, I see the stack of bills here, and it makes me realize I am neglecting my duties as domestic goddess, and I would rather just avoid the computer at all until those bills are paid, and the house is cleaned, etc. etc. (lame, I know)


3. I am sick as a dog right now, and have been for about a month...that's right: I am pregnant.

After about 2 years of trying, and 2 miscarriages...hooray we are pregnant again! Okay it is still early to be making this announcement, but based on how bad I feel, things are going well. I am about 10 weeks, so hopefully we will have a new little person to blog about come thanksgiving.


So I don't know if any or all of those excuses work for you...but I am doing my best! I have high hopes of becoming a blogging sensation in another month or so, when I able to sit here for more than 20 minutes without tossing my cookies.
P.S. The pictures don't really have anything to do with anything, other than to remind me that feeling like this is all worth it in the end.

3 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Kara - I'm in AWE of you as is the story of my life but really - how can you say you don't know what you're doing? Your blog is perfect really! I LOVE the picts. - the Black and Whites and especially the reunion ones. How do you take such great photos? You could teach me a few tricks I'm sure. The journaling is so good and creative and to think you did it all between spewing! - CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm very happy you're knocked up and that it's going good. I know they say that if you're heaving your guts out everyday it's a GOOD thing - go figure! I'll try to be less of a nag about keeping your Blog up to date - but it will be hard because now I see you're so proficient at it - just like you are in everything you do. - You are my Hero, You are the wind beneath my wings!!

The Dudley Bunch said...

Jen...
this is precisely why I chose you as my bff...thanks for all the compliments (richly undeserved) Maybe you should come visit me and I will exchange photo tips for blog tips...I can fly high as an eagle (and all that cheese )
luv ya
kara

Anonymous said...

Yay! A new baby - that's just the best news! Congratulations, and I hope you'll be feeling better soon! I agree with Jen - your blog is fabulous!