Aug 10, 2010

Something is going on

Okay, last night, I woke up and I was having a contraction...sweet. I got up and felt a big gush. More fluid, but this time it was tinged with blood. So I spent the wee hours (1-4am), being hooked up periodically to the monitor, and having nurses assessing the fluid. I had contractions every 15 minutes, nothing too exciting. I do recall that before I had Josh and Piper, I did the same thing the night before I actually went into labor. So I told the nurses to bug off, and tried to sleep through it...rather unsuccessfully. Finally around 4, the contractions kind of stopped and I got to sleep for a couple hours. There is nothing going on right now, but my fingers are crossed that something is gonna happen before the Doc gets the itch to induce me. Could today be the day???

Maybe. It's earlier than I wanted...only 34 weeks, but I have faith that if this baby decides to come this week, there is a reason.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you made it this far. Will your doc keep waiting to induce as long as the baby isn't in distress? or is the risk of infection too great to keep waiting too long? I hope he lets you deliver when your body decides it's time. I always just prayed for my doctors to be inspired to know when it was time for my c-sections. It was reassuring when they would say, "I just FEEL like now is the best time." We'll keep praying for you AND your doctor.

Francis Family said...

You made it 2 more weeks from when your water first broke! That is amazing Kara!
Everything will work out the way it's supposed too. Hang in there!