Aug 12, 2010

Marlo

Our little girl is here. Marlo. She is adorable, (you'll just have to believe me until I post pictures)

She weighed 5.2, 6 weeks early. She can breathe on her own, and she has been nursing like a little trooper. I think her stay in NICU will be short...she is perfectly healthy. They just want to make sure she can hold her body temp, and get her off the glucose iv...annoying. She was born at 3:45pm today after 17 hours of torturous labor. The short story is that inducing someone at 32 weeks, (even if medically indicated), is a recipe for disaster. Hard cervix, not dilated, posterior cervix and baby's head turned the wrong way. I'm not gonna lie: It was brutal. But more on that next post. Right now, I am trying to celebrate her arrival, and catch up on my sleep. ( I think I'm going on 40 hours of no sleep right now, so I won't be surprised if I read this tomorrow and it sounds like the rantings of a madwoman, but I am smitten and had to share the good news!

8 comments:

Laura Smith said...

Congratulations!!! So glad that you're both doing so well!! Can't wait to see her!!

Francis Family said...

Aw Congrats Kara!! Marlo sounds like such a cute name too! 5,2 that's pretty good!
Can't wait to see pictures, i'll watching!!

Helen said...

So, so happy for you guys! Sweet baby Marlo!

amysteed said...

yay baby! I LOVE the name!

The Dudleys said...

YAY! We are so excited for you guys! Congratulations! A little girl is perfect and I love love love the name! Can't wait to see pictures and meet this perfect little baby!

cindy W said...

contratulations to you guys! love the name!

Sarah Bauer said...

Congratulations! You are so brave!-And what a mom!

Unknown said...

Sorry for your labor, but I'm so glad she is here and healthy! Good job, momma!! can't wait for pics.