Aug 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home









Hooray. We are home. After sleeping in plastic hospital beds for 24 nights, I finally got to sleep in my own bed last night, with baby right next to me in her bili box. Okay, it's not ideal, the whole bedroom has a blue glow to it, but I don't even care that we got sent home with a bunch of extra equipment, and instructions to follow...I'm just happy to be home.

We got discharged yesterday afternoon and the kids had a party prepared for us when we got here, complete with balloons and streamers. The kids can't get enough of holding the baby. Cooper tried to push her out of my arms a couple of times, but we kept telling him that she was his baby sister, and we tried to let him get used to her, which he is. In fact, he was yelling "Huggy baby sisser" at me all morning. So I have to put her in front of him while he slobbers all over her face and puts her in a headlock....(she'll learn to love it). We still have quite a bit of upkeep, checking her bilirubin levels, weight, and keeping her on the breathing monitor when she sleeps, but it will only be a short time. She looks even better today than yesterday.

5 comments:

Ashley Dudley said...

glad everyone is home safe and sound. those first couple pictures look like a miracle. cooper smiling with the baby??? good news!

Anonymous said...

She's so tiny and cute! Everyone looks so happy to have a new sister!

Unknown said...

She is so pretty!!! I'm so glad she's doing so well and that you are finally HOME! Porter was 6 weeks early too. (Of course, he weighed 8 pounds!) His lungs were fine, but he couldn't suck swallow at all and was on a feeding tube for about 5 days (he got to do some tanning too). I'm so glad she's nursing, that'll help her get healthy so much faster! Hope you recover quickly too!!!

Kelli said...

Congrats on getting the sweet baby girl home. She's beautiful! Let us know what we can do to help out any time!

Unknown said...

sh'es so cute, so's cooper in his pics. love when they love them too much! good luck being home now!