Jan 10, 2010

BRONCO LIBRE and LITTLE BRONC!


My husband Tim is a crazy BSU Football fan. In fact, the entire planet is now aware of the great lengths he will go to, to support his team. A while ago we thought it might be funny to paint our "luchador" (mexican wrestling) masks with Orange paint, (they were already blue. After doing so, the costumes kind of evolved thanks to Tim's sister Susie, the sewing wizard that she is. Within 24 hours she had whipped up capes, and "stretchy pants." Tim and Josh debuted their get ups at the Pep Rally for the Fiesta Bowl and the reaction was a little more than we anticipated. We were pretty much mobbed by people wanting pictures of or with them, and by reporters who were anxious to witness a grown man making a spectacle of himself. The next day at the game we were besieged by TCU and BSU fans alike. More reporters, more photographers, more fans...Josh was a little overwhelmed (as was I) and said "Now I know what it's like to be famous." Indeed. As far as we know they made front page of the Idaho Statesman, The Arbiter, The Channel 7 news, a News station in Arizona, The Fort Worth Star Telegram, A paper in Washington, and at least a few seconds in front of 14 million viewers during the fourth quarter of the game. I now realize I need a costume because I am blowing their cover when we travel. A couple guys actually busted us at the airport on the way home because they recognized me....shoot!
NO worries, I have an idea....I will keep you posted.

7 comments:

Francis Family said...

Oh my gosh, that is HILARIOUS!! I love it!! I definitely have to show Dustin when he gets home. And all the news coverage, haha so awesome/. Now you know you have to be like that at every game because people will be expecting it. You can't let your fans down. ;)
I can't wait to see what you come up with!

The Anderson Family said...

So funny! I actually had to come back and look at it again! Nice stretchy pants boys! I agree with Mindy you can't let the fans down! Nice work.

amysteed said...

love it.

(me)linda said...

Brilliant. period.

Greg says you can add Channel 2 News to that list.

TAMPA said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !! That is just frightingly hilarious !!! :)

jenniho ♥ said...

Saw them both on the tube!! Classic! I had told a few people to be looking out for Bronco Libre too and I got several phone calls saying they had seen him too. Tim is famous now!

Shannon said...

Awesome to see them on TV! My parents (in Alabama) loved knowing who they were when they shown during the game. My question is: where were you in the shot?