Oct 2, 2009

Cake Boss

Tatym has found her calling....really. She happened upon a couple TLC shows about cake decorating, and it was all over. She's already named her future bakery, and is currently trying to talk me into a local cake decorating class...(which I am sure we will end up taking). I bought her a huge cake decorating book and she read it cover to cover, told me what ingredients to buy and then made this cake for Tim's 40th birthday. (With not much assistance from me)


8 comments:

cindy W said...

oh, that is really cool...I LOVE cake boss!!
Where do you get the fondant and stuff??

The Dudley Bunch said...

She made it. Found a how to video on YouTube. It's just mini marshmellows and powdered sugar. Pretty easy, but I wonder if there are any better tasting options???(it's all about flavor for moi)

The Dudleys said...

Wow! Way to go Tatym! I am definately impressed!

George and Caralee said...

Tell Tatym my favorite show is CHallenge on Food Network, when they do the cake decorating contest. I am so impressed with her skills! She would/will get my business when she opens her shop!

Helen said...

Good for Tatym! What a cool girl! Fondant is deceiving...not sure there is any that tastes good...it looks so cool you would think it would!

jenniho ♥ said...

I want Tay to come live with me...and make me cake everyday. How did it actually taste?

The Stones said...

Wow Tay... very impressive! My birthday is next month. I don't need a whole cake... but a cupcake would be nice;)

Anonymous said...

this is tatym. it looks like it didnt take a long time but it took 7hrs. to bake and decorate. i made the fondant myself, the fondant looks good but trust me no fondant in the world tastes good. the bottom cake was really yummy. it was a orange cake with cream cheese frosting. and the top cake was a white cake with lemon butter icing and lemon filling. mmmm delicious!i really love cake decorating and i know for SURE im gonna be one when im older!