Sep 7, 2009

First Day of School August 31, 2009





Well, the first day of school has come and gone...(picture me doing backflips off the couch). The kids were super excited, and up early ready to go. Dad gave them all awesome blessings, and then I set off to walk the kids to school. Here is our conversation as I remember it:

Me: Okay kids, everybody ready? We need to head down there so we aren't late!
Piper: Mom, I am riding my bike with Tatym and Josh, you don't need to walk me to school.
Me: WHAT? It's your first day, I want to come! (pathetic sniffle)
Piper: Oh okay, but can I still ride my bike?
Me: Sure, I will just walk fast and try to keep up
Tatym: Mom, you aren't going to embarrass us by taking a bunch of pictures or giving us smooches are you?
Me: I might.

The view I had on the first day....(I swear she didn't even look back!)


I welled up as I watched my kids walk off into the school again, but no worries, I made a quick recovery and found lots to do while they were gone...

0 comments: