Jan 26, 2009

Jui Jitsu Tournament



Tim and Piper had their first Jui Jitsu tournament over the weekend in Twin Falls. Piper was pretty nervous, but she got on her gi, and then they called her out to the mat, and then....she got a gold medal. There were no other kids there in her 40 pound and under category. But she did get a big collective.."Awwwwwwww" and lots of applause because she looked so darn cute!





Tim looked cute too, and could have got the gold medal as there were no "masters" in his weight class. (Masters means: old guys) But instead he fought in the young guys division. He was a little unprepared for the big adrenaline dump he got in the first minute of his firt match, and was quite shocked to find he was completely drained, and numb,(even his tongue was numb)by the second minute of his match. He did great, almost sunk the triangle, but lost it and got arm barred. Then he went out and rolled with another 20 year old from his J.J. school, he got beat, but gave it his all. Not bad for an old man who has only been doing this a few short months.
The cutest thing was, that as we pulled in to our house, Josh said, "I feel kinda happy and weird." Tim said, "yeah, that was a fun day as a family wasn't it?", and Josh said, "yeah, but I am feeling proud of you Dad." Awwww. It was sweet.




These were the only pictures I got of Tim, as I was holding Cooper, and video taping the actual matches. Maybe I will get ambitious and put the video on here...maybe...

5 comments:

Sally said...

Awesome! Pipe is the cutest little Karate kid I have seen. Lets see some footage!

jenniho ♥ said...

Piper is sooooooooo adorable!! I can't even tell you how cute that is. Does she get 'into' it like her Dad...I mean did her tounge get numb too?! So funny!

The Anderson Family said...

Piper looks so cute! Way to go Tim fighting the younger guys. Don't worry I hear its normal for you tongue to go numb when you have an adrenalin rush! This is actually the first time that I have been able to see your blog. Cooper is so cute. Tobin was almost a month early too and was exceptionally large!! Here's to big preemies!!!

TAMPA said...

K.. I love the name Piper !! What made you choose it? And I am in awe of the whole Jijutsu.. Karate thing. I remember one time doing a kickboxing aerobics class.. and I seriously thought I was going to die!! People that do karate type stuff are strong and determined.. so tell your husband he rocks !! :)

Leigh said...

Hi Kara, I'm Aubri and Ashlee's friend, (really not a stalker.) I peek in every now and then, just thought I'd finally leave a comment. You have a beautiful family.