Oct 3, 2011

Get a Grip


Seriously, I need to get a grip on myself. I am the queen of undertaking too many projects at once.
Case in point: Right now Josh is in football. Fun right? Yes, including the practices every night and games on Saturday. Piper is in soccer, another practice and game on Saturday. Tatym is doing swim team, practices 3 times a week and has a swim meet on Saturday. Add to that piano for all three, young womens, scouts...and 2 little babes that still need naps and routine...Needless to say, just the getting kids to and fro is insane.

It won't stay this way thankfully. Football and soccer end in a couple of weeks.
But you know what else happens in the fall?
Canning...lots and lots of canning. Tomato sauce, salsa, peaches, pears, and applesauce. Why, oh why, do I do this to myself? My friend Tammy and niece Jessica and I decided to go to the orchard, get fruit, (all 500 lbs of it), and work together to get it done. Doing it with friends is definitely helpful, but holy cow did we have a ton to do. We did somewhere around 80 jars of peaches, 100 of pears, and 50 something of applesauce. Oh and in the midst of the fruitopia, I was also repainting my living room. My enormous 13ft ceiling living room. I am exhausted.
We just finished the living room on saturday, and the canning today. I would tell you that I plan to sit and do nothing for the next week, but that would be a lie. Now that I have repainted the kitchen, living room, fireplace wall, I kinda feel like I am on a roll and should just keep going.
At least Cooper reminds me to enjoy the sunsets. We can count on him to yell at the top of his lungs every night, "the sunsec is on! Come on!" He'll then usher us all outside to sit and watch it. Truthfully it is just what I need at the end of the day.
Coming soon: new paint upstairs on the landing, Tatym's room, and the piano room. Oh yeah, and I'm going to retile my kitchen backsplash...
I clearly have a problem.

1 comments:

Kelli said...

You are super woman! I'm amazed at what you can accomplish, and that you are so motivated to do all that. I love the new living room look!