Jun 8, 2010

Vindicated


Finally...someone else has come around to my way of thinking. I take a lot of crap for insisting that sunscreen is bad for you. I've been saying it for a while, and not just cause I break out in massive bumpy rashes from it, though that definitely helps. I actually have pretty much decided that anything that you wouldn't eat, shouldn't be rubbed into your skin. I know it's kind of extreme, but it's kind of common sense I think, and when you read about the dangers of pthalates, parabens, and all the other chemicals in our "beauty products", you might come around as well. Tonya made my day yesterday by sharing this link with me and had to admit I was on to something. I love it.

and get the full research information, a list of the ten best and worst sunscreens, and tons more really cool info.

1 comments:

Sawdust Girl said...

I've been hearing so much about this lately. Hormone disrupters, nano-scale minerals...

Here is a good web site that has lists of the best and worst sunscreens that are out there. http://www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen/best-beach-sport-sunscreens/

The ones that recommended are brands that I've never heard of. OF course, the ones we usually buy are the worst.

I've been on the hunt for a UV blocking, lightweight, long-sleeve, flowy white shirt.

Anyone have a link to that?