I have been thinking a lot about balance. Not the "walking on a tight rope" kind of balance, but is my life in balance? It seems like everyday is a constant struggle for balance between all sorts of things. The older my kids are, the less "needy" they are in the sense that I don't have to constantly be checking to make sure they aren't splashing in the toilet, or eating bugs, but they are much more demanding in the time devoted to their interests, and just keeping up with "the schedules." Here are some of the things I am TRYING to balance:
1. All the mundane work of a housewife vs. Playtime with the kids or just for me
2. Kid activities (piano, scouts, dance, wrestling, activity days, school, friends) vs. Family time together
3. Time for me to do things I enjoy vs. Couple time or family time
4. Sleep vs. All of the above
5. Teaching my children vs. Reacting to everything spur of the moment
Ugh! I guess my new year's resolution this year will revolve around finding MORE BALANCE...wish me luck
Private Idaho: Garden Valley No. 949, 2024
5 days ago
4 comments:
balance...yep good word of the year Karust. I might steal it for myself.
yikes, good luck to us all...
I have yet to meet or see anyone who's got it all figured out....
Amen, sista!!! I have had the same 'thinking' going on in my head... am i a good enough mom, wife, homemaker, friend, sister, etc. I think our girls nights help keep us in check... love you!
let me know when you find the trick and send it my way!!!!
Post a Comment