Apr 8, 2009

Gramps





Just found out my Grandpa Francis passed away. He went peacefully. I am sad. Sad for me, my kids, and mostly for my Grandma. If I had to use 3 words to describe this great man, they would be:
1. Jolly. Seriously, he was always so jolly and happy. Even later as his health declined, he was so happy and always smiling. It is probably one of my most defining memories of him, I very rarely saw him not smiling.
2. Sweet. My Grandpa was always so sweet to us, and to my Grandma. She contracted polio in her twenties, and he was always doing things to help her. She would always be on his arm, in case she fell, even when it got to the point that she was supporting him as much as he was supporting her, he was protective of her.
3. Caring. Grandpa was a very caring man. He always had a HUGE bear hug for me when he saw me, and a juicy kiss. He loved to tease, and joke around with us. He made me feel like the favorite grand-daughter, but I think we all felt that way.
I will miss him.

4 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Oh Kara - I 'm so soory...I remember Rell as always smiling as well. We used to crash at their house on lunch break or whenever and they were always so thrilled to see you and your friends. Anyone could see that they truley loved you and that love was returned. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love You - Jenn

TAMPA said...

I am sorry Karebear... Even though he is gone.. you and your kids will feel him in your lives. My grandparents passed when I was young... and I still feel them reaching out to me and helping me in my life :)

The Anderson Family said...

I totally agree with your blog about grandpa. He was always smiling. I'm going to miss him too. And his chocolate almond stash in the cupboard with all his candy and cookies! I just wish that I had gotten a picture of him holding Tobin. Good for you for getting a picture of your little guy with him. See you in a couple of days.

aubri said...

I'm sooooo sorry, our prayers are with you..